Tuesday, February 12, 2008

There...

The road winds...& winds ....& winds, up, up, up into the rugged terrain that is home to the Yowie & other assorted wildlife. It is narrow, & in places only one lane wide. Creek crossings are invariably one lane & the locals drive like maniacs. We did not. We pottered gently & at the top we stopped for R & R. There's something special about eating out in pleasant surroundings with pleasant company ~ if only the mad one would put away the camera! We had a brunch of pesto & sweet potato pizza & iced drinks....
Lots & lots of cream. Ditz was in heaven.
I don't know about other families but in ours I am the camping expert. Everything my sons know of bushcraft they learnt from me. We had the camp up & ship~shape in no time at all ~ to the stunned bewilderment of several foreign gentlemen over the course of our stay who looked round for the man who didn't exist! Sian is learning; I know more short cuts than you can shake a tail at & as I had left all our guys ready to go from the last trip it was a simple matter of hooking them over poles & whacking in a few pegs to put a tarp over the top of our little tent before boiling the billy for a good cuppa.
Ditz was in charge of getting the air mattresses squeezed in. Exhausting work.

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh that looks like fun! I know nothing about setting up a tent but I do know how to cook over a campfire. I am usually called upon to be the camp cook! Those drinks look yummy!