Thursday, February 7, 2008

The evidence of her eyes...


A falling object falls at 32 feet per second, per second; so begins the opening chapter of a book whose title I've long since forgotten but whose scientific formula I still remember. Which brings me to today's topic; the inbuilt failure of the scientific method. You see Ditz does not believe the evidence of her own eyes ~ or the laws of gravity are suspended in her world. She knows a heavy object will hit the ground before a light object & no evidence to the contrary has made the least dint in her thought processes. Obviously there is something wrong with the experiment ~ or just with science per se. She could not possibly be wrong. If nothing else I am learning what Galileao was up against!

My daughter is no scientist.

1 comment:

kimba said...

I have same problem with Sis. No amount of explaining "His Lordship is a cat they hunt for fun" will convince her she can't teach him not to chase birds.