Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Our trip this time was planned to allow for things other than walking ~ a smart move as so many of the walks are closed due to flooding &/or landslips.

Sian wanted to play with her new camera. She says she is going to post the pictures on her blog.
We are hoping at least some of them turn out really well.
Then there was the water colour painting. Sian is very good. She has some lovely examples up on her blog. As the Butcher birds had arrived & were prepared to pose for the paint brush that's what everyone was drawing. I didn't. Water colours are too unforgiving for me & I didn't bring my oils as too much extra stuff & anything I'd done wouldn't have dried & would just have been a a pain to lug round. As it turned out it was a really good thing I didn't.
Then there was bird spotting....
& nature watching. Sian bought me the beanie thinking I wouldn't be game to wear it ~ but I thought it was pretty cool & wore it whenever the weather turned a tad nippy as it does up in the hills. It is a gum nut beannie based on the Snugglepot & Cuddlepie books. Across from us in the river bank were a series of occupied holes but though we were very quiet & threatened Ditz with extinction if she made a noise we never saw the occupants.

No comments: