Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Other Things...

While Ditz has been hogging the limelight Liddy's done her own crash & burn job. She finally had enough of the political wrangling & cat fighting & quit her job. The only one worried about her sudden lack of income seems to be me. Still, quite by accident, she worked the clutch out. Duh! Now she gets it! Her driving automatically improved out of sight & I let her loose in her own car on the mainland on Saturday. Interesting is the word one uses at moments like this. She took at least one corner on 2 wheels because she will put the clutch in & forget about it! We won't go into what I did round a round~about that wasn't there! Watching Liddy deal with so much traffic was also...interesting. No wonder I'm going grey.

Still, Liddy might be job hunting but Dino is working as well as studying ....on land!!! Yes, I am thrilled. I hate him being at sea & I know there are moments when he's not too thrilled about it either... like last Friday, when he spent & hour & a half in the freezing water doing his survival test for his Masters course. As she who learnt to negotiate a capsized boat without getting more than her feet wet I simply smirked. The whole idea is to stay warm & that is very hard once you are wet & there is a winter wind blowing. Another of my kinesthetic learners.

As for Ditz, no, she hasn't touched earth yet. I have had to peel her orange VM shirt off her forcibly as she was wearing it absolutely everywhere & so proud. OK, deprived child; she's never even had a school uniform before so the bright orange VM shirt is not only a real novelty, it's really bright & kid attractive. I've had to insist school work is now back to normal, with only nominal luck. She is playing on her sore throat for all it's worth & she is such an actor I don't know whether she's truly sick or not. I suspect not, or not as sick as she would like me to think. After all, if she is sick she can't be expected to do school can she? I expect a marked improvement Friday. I have sent Ditz off to do an introductory Shakespeare thing at the community centre. They are going to look at Macbeth from the 3 witch's point of view & I may be helping do some of the rewrite ~ in Shakespearean Rhyme!!! Yeah, yeah, I know where Ditz gets it from. Should be a hoot but it might make doing Shakespeare later just that little bit easier if she sees it as a fun thing now & Mia is good with the kids. This is for the older kids & the younger ones, like Ditz, have been hand picked for their ability to behave & follow directives. It's nice to know Ditz can do it when properly motivated.

Last shop I bought a cheap scrapbook so Ditz can start scrapbooking STOW. She thinks she should just have to read the book. Why does anyone need to know if she knows anything? I suggested since she likes arguing so much she might prefer a career in law to one in music...Ditz not impressed. Given her drathers she would do music, more music & nothing but music day in & day out. I couldn't stand it so thankfully some of the time she just has to do other things.

4 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Goodness theres never a dull moment is there?

You mentioned on my blog about having a son you dont know where he is. Would you ever care to do a blog post on how that all came about or is too personal?

Ganeida said...

It is very painfull. He falls into one of ours with a mental illness ~ undiagnosed. I suspect very high functioning aspergers or perhaps bi~polar. Highly intelligent & completely dysfunctional. The Lord's told me He's dealing with it but some days I really want to tell Him to shake a leg & get a move on with it, you know. For a while we did know where he was but he's recently dropped right off the radar & because he doesn't want anything to do with us I can't actually post him as a missing person. He leaves a hole in the family where he should be.

molytail said...

If it was a horrid place to work, i don't blame her...I've walked off a few in the past too - a person spends *so* much of their time at their workplace, it needs to be an environment that they can deal with....but it's panic-inducing to not have money coming in as well though. Hey! Can she get work in sports somehow? Maybe she can get hired on as a kids soccer coach or something...

Brrrr....Dino can have that freezing cold water!

Haha, I bet the shirt goes right back on after it's washed LOL....

Cindy would be quite happy if all she ever had to do was her art stuff, so I know what you mean LOL


about your comment above... *hugs* ...and more of those....there's not really anything that I could say that would change things, so you get lots of *hugs* from the other side of the Atlantic. <3

Ganeida said...

Well she's sending out lots of resumes but she's talking of going back to studying & doing something in the body engineering/sports arena. I don't mind what she does because her not working is liable to send the rest of us batty.

All hugs gratefully recieved always. We're a hugging lot.