Saturday, May 24, 2008

Friendship.


I have been so busy with the girls that I rarely have *me time*. Mummies don't, do they? I'm the one who holds it all together ~ rings warehouses about washing machines, keeps food on the table, multiplies non existant funds, sticks bandaids on sore knees & sore hearts & all the thousand & one other things that mothers do in the course of a day.
Which is why I appreciate my friends. They know the other me ~ the younger, quirker me who didn't suffer from *alzheimer moments* & isn't just somebody's mother, who will talk to me about ME! Nothing fascinates so much as ourselves ~ unless you are one of those very wonderful people I can only wonder at & fail to emulate.
So here's to you, Siano, for the laughter & the memories & for trusting me with those painful things friends only share with other friends & remembering that under all the day to day sludge the old brain is still ticking away.
Old friends can't be replaced ~ so why do you live so far away? I'm sure you've explained this to me before but the brain's degenerating along with the body & turning into some strange version of Swiss cheese where the holes are deeper & blacker than those in outer space & suck more into them as well. My life is disappearing at a rapid rate.
Thankyou for sharing our life, brief as it was. Come again soon. The door's open & the kettle's on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey; thanks, Ganeida! Spending time with you and yours is, I've decided, the perfect antidote to dealing with the vagaries of my own far-flung kith (kin? Must check. Have just finished -- and thoroughly enjoyed -- The Other Boleyn Girl). Enables me to keep everything in perspective. And I can catch up on current culture with your children, even if I mortify them sometimes :-) Children are great equalisers.

Siano

Anonymous said...

Addendum: Your recoloured tagline looks great (blind ol' me can now see it :P) -- and I do love your banner picture.

Siano