Sunday, August 17, 2008

A little bit of this...




The flu has put us very behind with our schooling. A little bit of reading, a little bit of colouring is about all we've managed in the last fortnight.
It is scary how quickly we can fall behind. Still we have been plugging away at our scrapbook timeline while coughing & spluttering, working our way through Egypt, Assyria, Babylon &
the Phoenicians into Greece.
I had a rush of blood to the brain with the Grecian map but didn't it come up well?

Getting Ditz back on track after so much time off has been no easy task & not helped at all by stray fledglings crashing into our windows. Another pretty visitor who was stunned enough to make handling him a piece of cake. Then the computer crashed & our Irish friends left & things are back to the daily grind. Choir, flute, violin & piano should all be back up & running this week, which means I am running too & church is a non~event thanks to Liddy. Her shifts mean Ditz & I can make neither the morning boat nor the evening one & I have been too tired & ill do do more than bury my head in the sand & hope that a miracle will occur without me having to do anything. Unlikely, I know, but I'm the eternal optimist!

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

oh you poor thing. Unfortunately there have been no miracles here to relieve the pressure. Hopefully you will get yours!

molytail said...

Awesome looking scrapbook stuff! Don't worry - even in sickness, you guys are accomplishing a lot more educationally than happens in a public school. Seriously. ;-)

(I hope everyone is back to 100% soon though - it sucks to be germy!)

Wish we lived in the same spot - I'd help you out running people about!

The HoJo's said...

Ah it is so hard picking up again when so many in one home have been ill, your friends visit sounds lovely. I rather like the Grecian vase too.

xc